Christmas is a super time of the year for craft activities. Four year old Busy Bee likes to make little packets of Magic Reindeer Food which she then gives to all her friends.
Magic Reindeer Food is a simply a mix of oats and coloured sugar that you sprinkle on the lawn on Christmas Eve – a little snack for Rudolph & Co while they wait for Father Christmas to deliver the presents.
“Sprinkle on the lawn at night, the moon will make it sparkle bright.
As Santa’s reindeer fly and roam, this will guide them to your home.”
To make Magic Reindeer Food you will need:
- Sugar (bigger granules work best)
- Food colouring (we use red or green)
- Cellophane bags (we used 7”x3”x2” purchased on eBay)
- Coloured string or ribbon
- Add a few drops of food colouring to sugar and either mix or shake in closed jar until the colour is evenly distributed.
- Spread the sugar out on baking tray and heat in very low temperature oven for about an hour to dry the sugar out. Let it cool and then break up the sugar a bit with the end of a rolling pin.
- Mix the sugar and oats together.
- Spoon an equal amount into the cello bags. You can stand the bag in an empty mug to make this easier for littlies.
- Tie the string or ribbon around the top of the bags and attach a tags.
*You can either make your own tags or download and use our template.
September 15, 2011
Our new range of Birth Details prints are an ideal way to commemorate the birth of a baby or a Christening.
The prints all feature the full birth or Christening details of the baby, including name, date of birth, and birth weight, time and place, laid out in a style reminiscent of a vintage carnival poster.
They also feature sweet little motifs that are perfect for the younger child.
As withmost Milly Bee prints and canvases they can be produced in custom colours too, ideal if you would like to match your nursery décor.
Birth Prints are available in a range of print and canvas sizes to suit every budget.
September 1, 2011
With school holidays almost over it is time to get ready for the start of a new school year. And back to school means you will soon be inundated with all the little masterpieces your child creates at school.
This year, instead of cluttering up the fridge, why not create a mini gallery with our children’s art frames?
Whether you choose a single frame or to create an entire feature wall, your child will love seeing their art beautifully framed. Frames come in 4 different sizes, single A4, double A4, triple A4 and single A3 and can be hung either vertically or horizontally.
Our kid’s art frames are easy to use too – you just slide the picture through the slot on the side of the frame.
We are offering 10% off all our children’s art frames until 11 September.
If you would like to order multiple frames please let us know as we may be able reduce the postage charges for you.
« Previous Page — Next Page »