With a little over a month to go before Christmas, we thought we would let you know that the last order dates to ensure delivery in time for Christmas are:
- Hand and Footprint Art – order by 25th November 2011 and return prints by 2nd December 2011 to receive finished print by Christmas. Alternatively we can supply you with the kit and a special gift card that can be given to your lucky recipient on Christmas Day and they can then return the prints to us at their leisure.
- Word Clouds and all Stationery items – order by 7th December 2011
- Children’s Art Frames – order by 13th December 2011
- Personalised Prints and Canvases - order by 16th December 2011
- Non-personalised Prints – order by 20th December 2011
November 11, 2011
Christmas is a super time of the year for craft activities. Four year old Busy Bee likes to make little packets of Magic Reindeer Food which she then gives to all her friends.
Magic Reindeer Food is a simply a mix of oats and coloured sugar that you sprinkle on the lawn on Christmas Eve – a little snack for Rudolph & Co while they wait for Father Christmas to deliver the presents.
“Sprinkle on the lawn at night, the moon will make it sparkle bright.
As Santa’s reindeer fly and roam, this will guide them to your home.”
To make Magic Reindeer Food you will need:
- Sugar (bigger granules work best)
- Food colouring (we use red or green)
- Cellophane bags (we used 7”x3”x2” purchased on eBay)
- Coloured string or ribbon
- Add a few drops of food colouring to sugar and either mix or shake in closed jar until the colour is evenly distributed.
- Spread the sugar out on baking tray and heat in very low temperature oven for about an hour to dry the sugar out. Let it cool and then break up the sugar a bit with the end of a rolling pin.
- Mix the sugar and oats together.
- Spoon an equal amount into the cello bags. You can stand the bag in an empty mug to make this easier for littlies.
- Tie the string or ribbon around the top of the bags and attach a tags.
*You can either make your own tags or download and use our template.